Sunday 3 February 2013

Hello and welcome

Hello, if you dont know me i'm Sarah and im 29 years old. Im separated and i live on my own with my 2 daughters, Mayze who is 5 and Mia who is 1. 

So my story.........

I have always been big all my life, even from being a baby i was chunky. I went through life being bullied at school, 'Miss piggy' was one name that ive never forgot. Anyway after leaving school i did join slimming world for some time and lost a stone. After that it all stopped and i was just happy living life, went to college and university. In 2004 i met my ex husband. We had a great 8.5 years together. We tried the slimming world diet at home on various occasions and both lost weight but when we stopped the lbs returned. 
In June/July 2012 me and ex split up. It was the most horrendous time in my life. I had never felt so hurt in my life, i was cheated on just because life was the same and got boring!! We tried to make it work but it didnt work out and so i moved from Lincoln (where i moved to when i met him) back to my home village where my family still live. It still hurts but im getting used to being on my own now.

I got my own house in September 2012 and its on the same street as my family. It is actually the house i grew up in as a little girl. I rent it off the lady who bought the house off my mum about 25 years ago. 

So why do i want to lose the weight??

I started My slimming world journey on 7th January 2013 and i weighed in at 14 st 1 lbs. After having my youngest daughter i weighed in at 16st 8 lbs but bad health due to my diabetes caused that weightloss. Im glad the weight is gone but it should have been done in a better way (not that i did it on purpose). 

Heres my progress so far


07/01/13 - 14 st 1 lbs
14/01/13 - 13 st 10 lbs -3lbs
21/01/13 - 14 st 2 lbs + 4lbs total - +1lbs
28/01/13 - 13 st 9 lbs -7lbs total - -6lbs

The weekend before the 3rd weigh in was a bad one as it was my sisters birthday so i went to york for the weekend and had a weekend off plan. Its amazing how easy it is for those pounds to go back on!!

I am enjoying cooking a whole lot of new things now. Before my hubby was the cook but now ive had to learn to do it. Ive been experimenting with lots of new recipes and will share them on here as i go along.

This is basically to record my journey and to write down how im feeling. Next weigh in is tomorrow morning. I dont go to class at the moment, I just do it from home with all the books and support from a few online support groups via facebook.

So i better add a picture of myself so here you go.....



These are both from holidays in the past few years. I was a size 20/22 but only yesterday i bought some new size 18 trousers so thats one step in the right direction :)

Thanks for reading, i'll be back tomorrow to update on weigh in as its not been a good weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment